Wind down from a busy Friday by catching up with the key ecommerce headlines here.
1. Indonesia’s HaloDoc Raises $13 million in Series A, from Singaporean private equity firm Clermont and NSI Ventures
The app is available for Android and iOS and offers a full range of services: online consultation, medicine delivery, on-demand lab tests, a hospital and doctor directory, as well as an appointment scheduler. There’s no web version of it, just the app. Read the rest of the story here.
2. New Amazon data from Wall Street should terrify all retail stores in the US
3. Rocket Internet’s Home24’s valuation fall sparks concerns of downgrades in other Rocket firms
The volatile shares of Rocket Internet dropped on Thursday after the German e-commerce investor slashed the valuation of its Home24 online furniture business by more than half in a funding round. Read the rest of the story here.
4. Maybank partners with Samsung Pay to strengthen presence across Singapore
The launch of Samsung Pay in Singapore follows the bank’s introduction of its mobile wallet in Malaysia last month, and will be followed by the progressive roll‐out of other digital initiatives across the region. Read the rest of the story here.
5. Alipay takes part in $460 million stake in Yum China, To Implement Alipay in KFC and Pizza Hut
This collaboration will see Yum China move into a new chapter of world class mobile payment services for tens of millions of customers across its brands. Read the rest of the story here.