Want to know what you missed over the weekend and today? We got you covered.
1. Indonesia’s Buzzfeed, IDN Media has raised an undisclosed series A round
The new funds will go into developing video content, strengthening the branded content team, and building an automated ad platform that lets brands use the IDN Media sites as marketing channels. Read the rest of the story here.
2. Singapore’s crowdfunding firm, CoAssets lists in Australia
Singaporean crowdfunding platform CoAssets has listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), the company announced today. It raised $5 million under its public offering at a price of $0.30 per share. Read the rest of the story here.
3. Wal-Mart and Amazon will crush, but won’t kill the neighborhood store
Ever since Kmart and Wal-Mart made their appearance in the retail space, traditional stores couldn’t match these retail giants in scale, scope, logistics, advertising budgets, and ability to raise funds among investors anxious to capitalize on the trend. Read the rest of the story here.
4. Restaurant discovery and booking app Offpeak raised undisclosed funding round led by Yahoo Japan
Offpeak plans to double down on its current markets in Southeast Asia. Planned enhancements include better search, an updated user interface, intelligent restaurant recommendation features, seamless country selection, and more. Read the rest of the story here.
5. Rakuten acquires Japanese C2C fashion marketplace FRIL
The combined monthly GMS of the two companies’ services already exceed several billion yen. The addition of Fril will further accelerate Rakuten’s dominance of the C2C market in Japan. Read the rest of the story here.