Wind down from a busy day with some ecommerce highlights of the day.
1. Indonesia’s Kudo raises an eight digit funding round from Emtek
Kudo CEO Albert Lucius said, the funds will be used to establish a “network presence” throughout suburban and rural areas in Indonesia. Read the full story here.
2. 1 in 10 of online shoppers get cold feet and abandon their basket
The report also found that price savvy younger consumers (18-to-24 year-olds) are the most difficult age group to convert from online browsers to buyers. Read the full story here.
3. Thai Banks, NBTC agree on 5 step m-banking security plan
The participants have agreed on a five-step plan to tighten KYC rules to increase confidence in eBanking and mobile banking in the run up to the launch of Thailand’s Promptpay national mobile payments system. Read the full story here.
4. Coach closes handbag shop on Alibaba’s Tmall
A Coach spokeswoman declined to explain the reasons behind the decision, beyond saying it wanted to consolidate resources. Read the full story here.
5. Ant Financial Buys Startup EyeVerify For $70M, Eye Scan Payments in the Works For Alipay
EyeVerify checks identities through eye-vein patterns and creates a digital key equal to a 50-character complex password. Users hold their smartphone about 12 inches from their face so a picture can be taken, opening up apps or websites on their device. Read the full story here.