Check here for yesterday’s biggest ecommerce headlines. We’re sorry this was slightly delayed, due to our website being under maintenance.
1. Rocket Internet aims for profitability in 2017 for its key startups
Sales rose at clothing retailer Global Fashion Group, food-delivery startup Foodpanda and home-furnishing business Westwing. Read the rest of the story here.
2. Southeast Asia is stage for Taiwan online service providers
For Taiwan-based online e-commerce, shopping or gaming service operators, Southeast Asia countries afford relatively good opportunities for extending business operations from the domestic market to overseas. Read the rest of the story here.
3. Southeast Asian businesses urged to use Hong Kong as export hub
The HKTDC will come to Thailand to promote Hong Kong as a gateway into China and other parts of the world. Hong Kong can offer a good logistics infrastructure, as well as business solutions and e-commerce.Read the rest of the story here.
4. Masii co founder: “Thai people are smarter than the websites out there”
The startup has launched an online financial products comparison platform that offers credit cards, car insurance, hotel cards, and personal loans. Read the rest of the story here.
5. Pomona considers itself the Pokémon Go of shopping
The Jakarta based startup helps bricks-and-mortar stores drive foot-traffic and increase in-store engagement. Read the rest of the story here.