Another busy Tuesday? Don’t worry, below are the big ecommerce headlines you should know about.
1. Alipay strikes partnership with DTAC subsidiary Paysbuy
Under the “Paysbuy Alipay Online-to-Offline (Alipay O2O)” service, merchants and businesses can accept online payments for the purchases of goods and services by Chinese customers in yuan. Over 10 million Chinese tourists are expected to travel to Thailand in 2016. Read the rest of the story here.
2. Santa Rita wine launches on Tmall
The Santa Rita online flagship store will offer key wines from their portfolio along with specific offers and promotions targeted China’s 688 million internet users. Read the rest of the story here.
3. Online grocery delivery startup Honest Bee launches on-demand laundry service in Singapore
The startup made the announcement at an event in Singapore. The mobile apps for iOS and Android have just been updated to add in a laundry section. Read the rest of the story here.
4. Coupang sales growth bolsters SoftBank’s bet on the Korean retailer
SoftBank, whose investment in Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has zoomed past $70 billion, backed Coupang in June 2015 with $1 billion in financing that valued the Seoul-based company at $5 billion. Read the rest of the story here.
5. Alipay To Start Charging Fee For Transfers, Users Are Already Complaining
Users accuse Alibaba of ‘fattening the pig and then slaughtering it’. Read the rest of the story here.
6. How Orami is winning female shoppers in Southeast Asia
In an interview with Inc. Southeast Asia, co-founder Shannon Kalayanamitr says the company expanding its creative service to brands by offering them content partnerships, advertorials, guest posts, and celebrity reviews. Read the rest of the story here.