Winding down from a crazy day? Why don’t you check out some of the top ecommerce stories of today?
1. Lalamove is expanding into food delivery, partners up with restaurants in Bangkok
Restaurants and food producers, who are invited to use Lalamove’s 24×7 dedicated courier service, will receive a stamp of approval with a ‘Lala Recommended’ graphic featured on Lalamove social media. Read the rest of the story here.
2. Naspers-owned PayU buys Indian fintech startup for $130m in one of the biggest M&A’s in Indian history
Naspers-owned PayU today confirmed its acquisition of Indian payment gateway CitrusPay. The deal was closed for $130 million, making it one of the largest M&As in Indian fintech history. Read the rest of the story here.
3. Post CEOs look to partner with ecommerce players
Indian Postal Services Board Chair Boyapati Venkat Sudhakar said the India Post’s reach in semi-urban and rural areas, where demand for ecommerce goods is high, made them an attractive partner to e-retailers. Read the rest of the story here.
4. How on-demand ridesharing can give e-commerce a necessary boost
Another advantage is lower cost of transporting bigger packages, as is the case with Deliveree. Most P2P courier services also offer an option for cash or card payment, which gives users some flexibility. Read the rest of the story here.
5. Facebook’s Chat Bot Will Soon Allow You To Book Flights and Hotels Within Messenger App
Users can scroll through a list of flights, consume and engage with different types of media and play basic games while still in the chat window. Read the rest of the story here.