Been busy? Here is a quick roundup of news you should know from this weekend.
1. Thailand Post Launches Four New Services, Embraces The Digital Age
Thailand Post introduces Prompt Post, Messenger Post, the THP card and cross-border delivery service. Read more about it here.
2. Digital Media Company Migme Raises $6.2M in Funding
The fresh funds will be used to finance expenditures and attain cash flow positive operations by 2017. Read more about it here.
3. Food Panda Is Pulling Out of Indonesia
The business is reportedly up for acquisition, for less than $1 million. However, the online food delivery company still plans to stay in Southeast Asia. Read more about it here.
4. Rakuten Acquires Bitcoin Wallet Startup, Bitnet
Rakuten will leverage the acquisition and launch a ‘bitcoin lab’. The transaction financial figures were undisclosed. Read more about it here.
5. Worldwide Retail Ecommerce Sales Will Reach $1.915T This Year
Double Digit growth will continue through 2020, with the bulk of retail ecommerce coming from China, where sales are expected to represent 47% of all such sales worldwide. Read more about it here.